1. Make sure you are Ok! That’s really all that matters!
2. Keep yourself out of traffic at the accident site.
3. Try to get the other party's insurance information from them. This will save the delay in waiting for the police report
If there are any witnesses, see if they will give the police a statement
4. If the car is not drivable, the police may have a tow truck coming from the rotation list. That tow truck can tow your car here, we will cover the charges and include it in the insurance claim.
5. If you need a tow, we can coordinate it quickly
6. If you need assistance in obtaining a rental let us know and we will coordinate it for you.
7. If you have a car seat in the car at the time of the accident, it needs to be replaced. Your insurance company will reimburse you for it, and we will discard the old one for you. (It has to be destroyed and the belts cut out of it, so it can’t be reused)
8. Don’t forget when you drop off at the shop to take your other keys, parking passes for work, overhead door openers, electronic equipment chargers and whatever else you need.
9. Report the claim as soon as possible. Remember it is your car, and you choose where it goes. Don’t be led into going to a “preferred” shop. We offer a lifetime warranty on our repairs. Any shop worth going to will offer this. The insurance company does not guarantee anything, the repairer does. They are very persuasive in telling you that their preferred shop will get it done quicker and better. Don’t be fooled, your car is a large investment and the safety of you and your family is our number one concern.